A Divine Language
Learning Algebra, Geometry, and Calculus at the Edge of Old Age
2022 Alec Wilkinson / 510.715 WIL Beaverton Library
- 03 passed high school Algebra 2 by cheating
- 03 Carl Jung amathematikos
05 niece Amie Wilkinson Math prof UChicago
105 Jean-Pierre Changeux, [[ https://archive.org/details/conversationsonm0000chan | Conversations on Mind, Matter and Mathematics ]], "a blackout of rational thought"
- 229 " ... human experience has abstract and practical sides, feeling and reason, and in each of us one or the other tends to dominate. Belief does not persuade a scientist, and science does not persuade a believer. Too ardent an embrace of reason leads to irrational thinking, and to ardent an embrace of feeling leads to madness.
- 158 Srini Ramanujan's infinite series for 1/π, author finds strangely beautiful in an elaborate, architectural way.
- I find it amazingly convergent, adding accuracy at square law rates per term